Terms & Conditions
Last updated 9th August 2022.
By booking on any of our cooking classes you agree to abide by our terms and conditions. We reserve the right to make minor amendments to our terms & conditions, cookery class content and prices without notice.
What’s included (Class Bookings)
Ingredients, utensils, knives, equipment and aprons are provided for all classes. With most of our classes you’ll eat what you’ve made for lunch or supper.
Our tutors will proudly tell you they can teach anyone to cook, even if you’ve never picked up a pan in your life. And if you are an experienced cook, our tutors will make sure you leave with new skills.
Health & Safety
All participants should wear shoes with flat, non-slip soles and covered toes, preferably leather. We cannot admit you to the cookery school without proper footwear. We recommend wearing sensible clothing i.e. not your Sunday best – we are not liable for any damage that occurs to clothing. Long hair must be tied back in the kitchen.
All course participants will receive a short briefing on health and safety before commencing the course.
Our school is based on a working farm as such care needs to be taken as there are many hazards which could cause injury. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the health & safety of all participants, we cannot be held liable for any injury which occurs on our land due to lack of common sense or ignoring our rules & advice.
Special dietary requirements, food allergies & illness
We are able to adjust many of our cooking classes to support special dietary requirements, any classes that can be adapted will use the following indicator on the class page - Vegetarian (V) Vegan (VV) Gluten Free (GF).
We must be informed in advance of any allergies and disabilities such as diabetes, coeliac disease, gluten intolerance, pregnancy, epilepsy, other food allergies and intolerances etc.
Cancellation Policy (Class Bookings)
You may request to cancel your booking for a full refund up to 28 days before the date & time of the class.
Cancellations made between 28 and 14 days before the class can be refunded with a £20 admin fee applied.
Any cancellation requests received within 14 days of the date & time your class cannot be refunded.
You can request to reschedule your class booking up to 14 days before the date of your currently booked class free of charge.
Reschedule requests received within 14 days of the class can be made with a charge of £20 per person admin fee.
Reschedule requests received within 5 days of the date & time of your class will not be accepted.
Classes can only be rescheduled once.
Gift vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Class bookings can be made using your voucher for any date on our calendar but the booking must be made within the 12 month period. Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed beyond the specified expiry date.
Use of multiple vouchers - Our booking system only allows one code to be used per transaction. if you have two voucher codes you will need to make two separate bookings or you can contact us and we can issue you a new voucher code for the combined value of your vouchers.
Use of promotional codes - Promotional / discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with gift vouchers under any circumstances.
eGift vouchers - eGift card vouchers shall be provided and delivered free of charge to the email address provided at point of purchase.
Postal vouchers - There are additional costs associated with provision of a postal voucher. Such costs are added to the voucher cost and shall be paid at the point of purchase. Please allow up to 5 working days for delivery of a postal gift voucher.
Voucher redemption - Services must be pre-booked using our online booking system. If you are looking to use a full day voucher for two half days then you will need to call or email us beforehand. If you are struggling to use the online booking then please do call us.
Gift Voucher Refunds - eGift and postal vouchers are non-refundable once delivered.
Current Promotion / Discount Codes - Updated 21st September 2023
10% Off Summer Offer
- Offer valid from 21st September 2023 to Oct 21st 2023
- Offer valid for new bookings only
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- Cannot be used for coporate / private event bookings
- Cannot be used in conjunction with a gift voucher or gift card
Instagram and Facebook Class Giveaway - September 2023
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
• The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
• The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
• The prize is as follows: a cookery course for two people – one winning pair on Facebook and one winning pair on Instagram.
• The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
• Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
• The winner will be notified by DM on Instagram or Facebook and an email address requested within 28 days of the closing date. We will never ask for bank details. The winner will only ever be contacted by Devon Cookery School. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
• The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be taken.
• The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
• The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
• The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner, or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
• The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
• This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.